2010年9月20日星期一

Tim Hightower trying to deal with fumbling issues

Dallas Cowboys jersey
Tim Hightower’s(notes) familiar fumbling problem reared its head again last Sunday in the season opener for the Arizona Cardinals as the running back put the ball on the ground two times.
That gives him nine fumbles in 33 regular-season games. Six of nfl throwback jerseys
the fumbles have been turnovers and keep in mind that in most of those games the Cardinals were pass happy.
As Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports, Hightower has not dodged the issue. He’s been upfront about it all week, but what can you say when you’re fumbling once every 44.4 touches?
“I can't say, 'It's just football, it happens,’” Hightower said. “Because that's my job. My job is to hold on that football. My job is to make plays. My job is to run the football and be successful at it.
"You can try to analyze it, try to break it down, slow it down, rewind it, pause it and do all that stuff," he said, "but at the end of the day you've got to find a way to get it done."
What has to make it more aggravating for the Cardinals is ball security is the same issue that plagues their other running back, Beanie Wells(notes). What do you do when you don’t have a back you can depend on to secure the football as you’re trying to run out the clock in a four-minute offense?
The Cardinals don’t believe Hightower is sloppy with the ball. They’re hoping it’s maybe a situation where he’s just trying too hard. He’ll be a target, that much is for sure. So will Wells
The San Diego Chargers got some good news this week.
Outside linebacker Shawne Merriman(notes) is slated to return to action Sunday.
He's listed as probable on the injury report with the Achilles injury that's been plaguing him.
Linebacker Stephen Cooper(notes) is doubtful with a knee injury.
The Jaguars have ruled out running back Deji Karim(notes) (thumb) and kick returner Scotty McGee(notes) (shoulder).
Safety Anthony Smith(notes) (foot) is questionable.
Quarterback David Garrard(notes) (back) is probable.
Now that the regular season is here, the Fantasy Doctor will be making regular house calls, answering readers' fantasy questions each Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Send your questions to the Doc at fantasydoctor@pfwmedia.com.
Hey Doc, I just picked up Mark Clayton(notes) off Indianapolis Colts jersey
the waiver wire. I am in a three-WR head-to-head league. Would you suggest I plug him in this week over my three other receivers? My other receivers are Percy Harvin(notes), Devin Aromashodu(notes) and Terrell Owens(notes). Also, which TE looks better to you this week: Brent Celek(notes) or Chris Cooley(notes)? Thanks for your help!
I know Clayton was a popular waiver-wire addition this week, Cerivera, and I'm sure many owners are wondering what to do with him on Sunday.
Although I like Clayton's long-term potential this season, I don't think this is a good week to put him in your lineup. He's going into the Black Hole to face a pretty solid Raiders pass defense that could be in Sam Bradford's(notes) face all day long. Considering that he could also be matched up with shutdown CB Nnamdi Asomugha(notes), I don't like his chances for success.
If Harvin is healthy, I'd probably go with him in that spot. I know he's dealing with a sore hip and really struggled in Week One, but I see him bouncing back in a favorable matchup with Miami. Aromashodu and T.O. have the potential for solid weeks as well, so I don't think you can go wrong here.
As for your TE, Cooley would be my choice this week. Although I prefer Celek over the long haul, not having Kevin Kolb(notes) in the lineup should hurt his production at Detroit, while I see Cooley being a frequent target vs. the Texans.
Fantasy Doc,
Should I stick with Mike Sims-Walker(notes) for Week Two, or should I switch him with Mohamed Massaquoi(notes) from my bench, who had a decent Week One? Thanks.
Sims-Walker undoubtedly disappointed many owners in Week One with his zero-catch effort, but I'd advise you not to overreact to one game.
Sure, it's tempting to bench a player like Sims-Walker, but there's a reason you drafted him relatively early. He was very up and down in 2009, posting huge numbers some weeks while doing very little in other games. It looks like that trend is going to continue this season, so trying to guess what he's going to do from one week to the next is Dallas Cowboys jersey
a fool's errand. Given his tremendous potential, he's the kind of player you have to keep in your lineup every week and simply hope for the best.
Massaquoi, on the other hand, is the sort of player who may have a big game every now and then but probably will be a nonfactor most weeks. While he did have a TD in Week One, he only had two catches, so it wasn't like he was a big part of the Browns' game plan. With QB Seneca Wallace(notes) starting this week, I'd hold off on using any Cleveland receivers given the uncertainty in their passing game.

没有评论:

发表评论